Saturday, November 1, 2008

Japan!

Wow! We finally made it! That was just about the longest day of my life. We are here though safe and sound. So stop worrying mom. As far as the flight goes, all I have to say is next time I am taking sleeping pills. I couldn't sleep! Thank God they had movies to watch! I watched Swing Vote, Devil Wears Prada, WALL-E, Kit Kittredge (The American Girl), Batman (the new one), a few episodes of The Office, and I think that is it. Needless to say my eyes were burning by the time we got to Japan. Once at the airport we had to wait for a bus to take us to base (a 2 hr drive). They took us straight to the Navy Lodge and we were in our room by 8pm (4am CA time). Needless to say it was a long day. I passed out on the bed and Brian went to get food. He, of course is still sleeping. It's about 4am here, making it about noon in CA and I just can't sleep when my body thinks it's noon even if I was up late the night before.

So let's see... what else... We have internet in our room, but it's not wireless and the little du-hickey on my laptop that connects the ethernet cord is busted soooo I am sitting in a computer room that smells like someone was secretly smoking in... and this means I won't be posting any video or pics for a while.

Brian is going to check into his command today. He doesn't have to until Thurs, but his LCPO (dude in charge) suggested he check in early so as not to waste anymore leave. And he said they would give him the week to go through all the orientation stuff we need to do. That starts Monday morning. So still not sure what to expect. It was dark by the time we got on the bus, so I haven't even got to see the country yet. Today I guess we will be going grocery shopping, but we don't have a car... There are taxi's on base, but I don't know how much that costs. We'll figure it out. Maybe we will find our way to the beach at some point.

Well, this is definitely the beginning of some adventure so hope you all stick with us!

No comments: