Friday, November 14, 2008

Fashion

So today, I went to Yokohama with a friend. It's just a special city with a big mall. And outside the mall there is a farris wheel and some other special rides. Pretty cool. The mall interestingly enough had a lot of stores that we have back in the states. You know those special expensive name brand stores that I can't even remember the name to at the moment...

All I can say is very fashionable. Everyone. Everywhere. I even noticed it on the plane ride here. I'm sure none of you would be surprised if you saw how I was dressed that day, but let me tell you I felt kinda weird standing next to a Japanese girl all decked out in her fashioness. A lot of the people on the plane were dressed quite nicely. I, on the other hand, looked like I had just rolled out of bed (which technically I did, at 6am that morning). All I wore were flip flops, work out pants, and a baseball t-shirt. For a 12 hour plane ride who wouldn't want to be comfortable? Well, apparently the Japanese. I dunno, maybe they are comfortable in those clothes... Brian was a step up from me. He at least had on jeans and a t-shirt. He looked like he had actually got dressed that day.

Honestly, I think this whole coming to Japan thing is Brian's crazy idea of turning me into a more "fashionable lady". Crazy? I think not. I asked him if that was his plan and he could only laugh. Then I asked him what he would think if I never wore jeans and a t-shirt again...? Not quite his plan. I guess he just wants me to dress up "once in a while". Well, just wait till he gets back. I now have a purse, a nice jacket, and I will have to put on some earrings and a nice outfit and take him out to celebrate his birthday. Eh. Peer pressure kids. It's tough stuff.

2 comments:

The Zauss Family Blog said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well and getting around your area some. Nice. Wow! A PURSE! Crazy.And a jacket, etc? I thought maybe a small backpack would work with all you had to carry. You could still stick a small wallet and stuff in a pocket and have hands free.
Have you heard of Dr. Laura's book on "The proper Care and Feeding of a Husband? Great book. Good to read together. If there is any time for that these days for the two of you. It talks about things that men like that they may never tell you. They don't want to hurt your feelings and stuff. When read together you can each comment and I guarantee that men will speck up and agree and say, "Yeah, I like it when you do that or dress that way or whatever." It's a very seriously cool book. By the way, we got the Dave Ramsey starter kit. We are loving it - so far - just beginning though. What have you guys done so far that he suggests? We are reading "Financial Peace revisited".
We look forward to all your updates. We hope Brain had a great Birthday and that you guys had some fun together there. How did his ten day trip out to sea go? Love ya both.

Nichole said...

Who are you?! LOL it is doing you good!!!