Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well Happy Thanksgiving to all you in the US! Brian got back yesterday from his 10-day out to sea that turned into a 16-day. We are going to have Thanksgiving tomorrow with some people he knows on his ship. Yes, we will be eating Turkey! This will be my 2nd Thanksgiving celebration here in Japan. I suspect we wil have all the usual Thanksgiving dishes. Here on base our grocery store is pretty much the same as in Ca, although I am sure the fish they sell is much fresher.

Today we ate sushi for the first time since we have been here. The most "fishy" we got was shrimp. I know, I know, we're wimps. It was a cool place though. The sushi is made and it goes around the whole place on a conveyer belt and you grab a plate as it goes by. Someday when we get internet at home I will be able to post the pictures and video...

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving! Wish we could spend it with you guys! Eat a big bowl of ice cream for us! (that is definitely one thing I am thankful for... there is ice cream here in Japan!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you had green tea or red bean ice cream yet? both flavors are great! Also i e-mailed you about the truck, when you get a chance, respond back please :).

i'm happy to see you guys are having a good time. nice place you got off base! how big is it?

p.s. did you hear what happened in india? are you happy that your not there right now :(. make sure you stay safe on your crazy and wild adventures.

The Zauss Family Blog said...

Hi Brian and Joy. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. We miss you both ans glad to hear that you are together and spending Thanksgiving with friends there. I love hearing all about your adventures. You sound great. I too am working on Skype. Maybe I will have it by the time you do. Maybe!Love you and miss you lots - Mom Z