Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Am I being transformed already?

So today we are going on a "field trip" outside the base. We have been off base, but today we will actually have time to get on the train and go somewhere. We call it a field trip because the area orientation class that we are in scheduled time for our little "field trip". I am really excited cause this time we got some yen and we finally will be able to eat this tasty looking food. The transforming part is this. I have a lot of things to carry. A camera, wallet, Japanese phrase book, map, and who knows what I might find along the way.

For those of you who may not know, I am not a purse person. I don't use a purse, I have never used a purse and I don't even own a purse. BUT today, I am sort of wishing I had one. So for all you friends that have tried to get me to get a purse (Nichole, Kristan, Liz, Amber, Danae...and whoever else I may be forgetting) please know that it was not your influence, but Japan's. Not saying that I am going to buy one. But if ever I was going to buy one I am closest to doing so now. Ew.

3 comments:

Kristan. said...

First of all, YAY!!! Yet another step to girlification!!! Second, it helps if you refer to it as a "bag" during this transitional period. Ask Vanessa! She got one! I saw it! It's cute! But she refers to it as her "bag", when really, it could be called a bigger "purse". See! So if the other redhead is doing it, you can too! It would make carrying your load a LOT easier! Just something to think about.

The Zauss Family Blog said...

Hey guys - good to hear that things are going well so far :0)
I love hearing about what you're doing and how you are adjusting.
We love you and pray for you.
Miss you both - Mom and Dad Zauss

Nichole said...

The skys have opened up!!! Praise the Lord my friend has become a woman ;)