Friday, November 21, 2008

Underway


Brian: I'm on my first underway in Japan and so far it's been ok. Underway is what we call going out to sea. We don't exactly deploy over here because we're already constantly forward deployed here in Japan. So instead of having to deploy for six months at a time we constantly go out for a few weeks here a few months there, but the most the ship is ever out for is about 4 months. We're docked right now so yesterday I went to a really cool aquarium and tomorrow I'm going to Universal Studios. I have duty today so I have to stay on the ship until tomorrow morning.
Everyone's been really nice and helpfull so far and It's a little bit better than what I was expecting. I've been asked if I'd like to be a SAR, search and reascue, swimmer and be on the VBSS, visit board search and seizure, team for the ship. I think they want me to be the offical ship photographer and we're going to have a cruise book this year which is just like a school year book, so I've been taking alot of touristy pictures for it wherever I go. We have a really cool Bible study on Wednesday nights and church on Sunday and through those I've been able to meet a small group of Christians on the ship. God has been really blessing me alot here. I just can't wait to get home to see Joy again and see the house she picked out for us which she's already living in as of today I think.
We still haven't been able to sell our truck back in San Diego so if you know anyone who wants a truck please let us know. It's a really nice 2002 red Toyota Tacoma. We'll sell it for pretty much anything we can get right now. So please pray about that, that we find someone to buy our truck.
By the way; here's a picture that I did not take of a jelly fish from the aquarium I went to the other day. When I get back I'll put some of my own stuff up. I just wanted to put some kind of visual with my post.

No comments: