Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Awesome Possum


This morning I found a cute little awesome Possum in the yard. Well, actually Shugo found it first. I think he was up on top of the fence and then fell off into the yard, cause he crawled very slowly and I doubt he would have gotten as far as he did crawling before Shugo found him. I think he was running from the neighbors cat cause soon after awesome possum was spotted the cat jumped on the fence to come get his prize, but Shugo was not about to let that happen. I heard Shugo bark as if there was an impostor in the yard and Sandy soon followed. I look out the door and see them both looking and sniffing at something, but I see nothing. I go over to check it out expecting to see a baby bird or something and there it was the cute, little, baby, awesome possum. Playing dead of course. He was doing a good job too. Eyes were closed, mouth open, stiff looking body. I am sure if he moved at all Shugo would have jumped on him. Since he seemed dead the dogs were happy just sniffing and waiting for movement. 
I put Shugo in his kennel, told Sandy to stay away, and went and got my camera. Of course he did not want to play dead for me. He slowly made his way back under the fence most likely to be eaten by the neighbors fluffy cat...

No comments: