Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Empty Nest


It is true our nest is empty. I think I got some good videos and plenty of pics. Basically, Brian and I spent 5-8 hours organizing and packing. Two guys did the rest. It was awesome. We only packed what we did cause I wanted to feel like there was some order to it all. I had no idea what to expect. So we did as much as we could, staying up till midnight the night before (I realize that is not that late, but I was very tired). So they were supposed to come anytime between 8 and 5pm. What are the odds they will come at 8am right? So we set our alarm for 7am wanting to get up wash the dishes and one last load of laundry (that was going with them). Well, two minutes after my alarm goes off the movers call and say they are on their way! So we rushed through everything. The guys got here and we continued to pack a few things while they were working on the other room. Let me tell ya these guys work freaking fast! I honestly only saw each of them take about a 5 second break to chug some water. All I know is they have got to sleep extremely well at night.

So basically we had nothing to sleep with last night. We went on base and got a "kit" that had some cooking stuff so we don't have to eat out for the next two weeks. But I was so excited to find this place that someone told me about (but everyone that I asked where it was looked at me like I was crazy), I was so excited we both forgot to ask about blankets. I was going to borrow some from a friend, but she was out and by the time she got home I didn't want to go anywhere. So we will have to get blankets from her today.

So very exciting stuff! It is starting to sink in a little bit that we are actually leaving. Now that our stuff is gone, our dogs our gone, our horse is gone, there is not much left for us. I am excited and nervous. Not sure what to really expect. I am ready though, that is for sure. I will be posting video later. I got some cool ones, but they are long so I need to figure out how to edit them. I only have my laptop now which does not have as many cool applications as my desktop...

No comments: