Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Things you just don't want to hear

So this morning as Brian is getting ready to leave for work he says, "Oh, so yesterday before you got home, I had the dogs in the front and they started barking at someone. I went to tell them to shut up and this lady was taking pictures of them... There was a man with her, but he was standing in the street. I didn't think much of it cause I thought they were just passing by. After they left our neighbor came over and told me they were taking pictures. I said I didn't think it was a big deal, and he said he thought they were doing more than that..."

What does that mean? They are trying to take pictures of our house and our dogs so they can break in and steal our stuff? Hope not. Our stuff should be gone in about 2 weeks anyway. The Navy is going to come pack it all up and ship it out as soon as the right paperwork goes through the system.

Regardless of whether or not our stuff is here, that is creepy. What is more creepy is that the dogs are my only protection this week. Brian is out of town, and (I am sure this might offend some of you), but I have no weapons! We left them with Brian's parents since we cannot take them to Japan. Not that I would want to kill someone, but if they were breaking into my house to steal my stuff and possibly kill or rape me, you better believe I would shoot them. I do have a baseball bat and two protective dogs, so I am sure I will be fine... just don't sneak up on me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Weird.

Hicks Family said...

Hey Sis, That is a pretty funny post to put up just after you put up the one where you yourself were peeping in on your neighbor...I get why that was pretty funny, but somebody might have thought that you were being creepy if they had seen you...just a thought

Joy and Brian Barker said...

Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan.... this is waaay different than my little video. My neighbors know me. They know we know they are annoying. It's not like I could see in his house, and no one could see in my yard where I was standing anyway. And even if they could no one would care. They would probably commend me for doing it, ask me to put it on YOU TUBE in hopes to humiliate the idiot into silence. These other people taking pics of the dogs are creepy. Total strangers to the area, roll up in their car and take pics of our yard/house/dogs? And you think filming my neighbor screaming (or what he likes to call singing) is similar. No.