Friday, January 30, 2009

Horses!

So I am SUPER excited about going to a horse ranch on Tuesday! The guy who led the rock climbing trip I went on (Tetsuya) is a nice Japanese man, and I figured he must know the area pretty well so I asked him if he knew of any horse ranches nearby. He said yes and then he looked it up online (of course it was all in kanji and katakana). Apparently there is one pretty close, probably about 20 minutes from base! So I was very excited as he wrote down the directions for me. I was a little disappointed cause he said the price is about 8,000¥ per day ($80) and they have a monthly memebership that is some other outrageous number. BUT I am excited to go regardless. The BEST part is... he said he wants to talk with Steven (our manager) about putting together a trip for horse-back riding and so he offered to go with me to check out the ranch! Yay! I will not only finally be able to get to this ranch, but I will have my very own translator! I am really hoping that we can set something up where we have a horsey trip once a month and I can be the leader and go for free. That still would not fill my horse need, but it is a start. Apparently there are horses at another military base about 1-2hrs from here so I am going to check that out at some point too.

So yay! for Tetsuya being such a nice guy! Tuesday will not come fast enough... I am sure you all think I am crazy, cause I know I sound more excited about this than I do when Brian comes home, and to be honest I guess I am a little. But it's different. Imagine you doing something for 1-3 hrs 5-7 days a week for the last 6 years and the time before that just dreaming about it... that is kinda crazy to just cut it out of my life cold turkey, right? I am hoping that I can somehow go once a week. I could live off that. Once a week is all I ask. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: