Sunday, January 18, 2009

Don't Judge me

"Don't Judge Me!" These are the words I find most annoying in life. How stupid... don't judge me. First of all everyone judges everyone about everything. Right or wrong that is just how it goes. The way you dress, the way you talk, the way you walk, the way you smile, the choices you make, the places you go, the friends you have.... these are all things that people judge others about. I do it, you do it, we are all guilty. Honestly, I don't find too much harm in it. Of course it depends on how you express this opinion of yours. Usually it is best kept to yourself, but if you must speak it aloud so be it. 

I bring this up because I clearly offended this girl that I work with twice today and I thought she just might poop out her baby 5 months early. I just laughed inside cause what we were talking about was so meaningless and I was not passing judgment, I was merely stating the obvious that eating McDonalds all the time just might kill you. She freaked out. "I don't give two #$%^& and a $@%^! what I eat, I am fat and I am pregnant and I don't care..." First of all she is fat, not because she is pregnant, but more likely due to her eating habits and hatred for exercise. Who cares! I DON'T CARE! I was just jokingly stating my thoughts of surprise how they eat McDonalds so often. I wasn't even thinking about the fact that she was overweight. The other thing I offended her about was even more meaningless... I can't even waste my time writing about it.

The thing is, later at my lunch break my manager asked how I was getting along with everyone. I said fine, and then mentioned that I had clearly offended this girl earlier that day. He said she had already told him all about it! What! She told him I am "so judgmental".... what?! This girl is psycho, sensitive, and sassy (3 bad sssss), and she is not this way because she is pregnant. 

So my question is this. Am I judgmental? I know I always have an opinion. I am not sure that I would classify myself as opinionated, and I don't think I would call myself judgmental. I am critical and I like to set higher standards for people. Is that so bad?

5 comments:

Hicks Family said...

I wrote this great comment response...and then it got deleted...you would have laughed for days...oh well...I am only good for one shot...the gist of it though...based on your assessment of people we are all judgmental. Also, you are sassy, opinionated, critical, and if she is pregnant, then that does explain some of the craziness. Don't worry about it, smile, and keep being who you are!

Hicks Family said...

That was from your brother not from Adrienne by the way...

TMichel said...

You know what, it is too bad we can't all be like little children. They are always so real. They never really hide anything. Why is it that adults have to keep things to themselves for fear they might offend someone? If the girl was going to commit suicide some other way than eating McD's everyday and you knew about it and didn't say anything, wouldn't you feel guilty if she actually succeeded? It's too bad that she is that way.

Nichole said...

WOW... calm down my love!

The Zauss Family Blog said...

Wow - I have to agree with everyone else's comments so far :0). She is pregnant, therefore alittle MORE crazy than usual, maybe not. Maybe you were critical - for a good reason like T said. She was right. If the girl had tried to commit suicide in a different way wouldn't you have tried to stop her then too? It is too bad that were can't be like children. Though children have a tendency to say it like it is but they still love you anyway. Why do some people just want to wear a big huge chip on their shoulder and beg for someone to bump it off and then get all offended by it? She has bigger issues than just you, that's for sure. Smile and stay out of her way. Love ya.