Saturday, September 12, 2009

What are we Really up To...


So, I put this pic on here, just cause I think it is super cute and I don't have any other pic to post right now. Shugo does look bigger than Brian in this pic, but Brian does actually weigh more than him.

So... what are we really up to here in Japan. Well, since June Brian has been gone a lot. His ship pretty much goes out for 4-6 weeks and is in for 2 weeks and then back out for 4-6 wks. So, when he is here we cram pack all our free time with exploring. So, when you see me posting all these things that we are doing, it's not that we do cool stuff all the time, it's just that we do a lot in a short period of time and I spread it out over several blogs.

I am working on base doing Graphic Design. It is very weird having a desk job, but it is definitely nice having a set schedule and a little better pay. So, when I am not working I am usually either working out or going on a hike somewhere with Shugo. I get in my outdoors time when I get home from work. I spend at least an hour playing with Shugo or taking him on a long walk or hike somewhere. The weather has cooled down a lot and it is really nice. We've had a bit of rain and it seems like winter is just around the corner.

As I am sure some of you know and have heard... we may be moving back to the states soon. "Soon" as in it's likely to happen in the next year. We don't have orders yet, but things are slowly progressing. We are definitely going to Florida when we come back cause Brian will be in training there for a year and a half. So, for those of you who thought we'd be here until 2011, we won't. But either way, Florida is on the other side of the country, so it's not like we are going to be within an easy travel distance anyway...

So that is an update on the simpleness of our lives. I know I usually post about all our adventures and craziness, but I figure I should give a normal life update for those of you that I don't talk to on a regular basis.

3 comments:

Kristan. said...

What kind of girly shorts is Brian wearing? He has really nice legs. Lol. Ha.

Joy and Brian Barker said...

That's the best part Kristan... those are not shorts at all. He was sleeping in his underwear :)

Kristan. said...

Ahhhh. It all makes sense now. Not really. Questions: (1)was he aware you were taking that picture and (2)is he aware you posted this one for all to see?