Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brian's post


I know it's been a long time since I wrote anything on the blog. It's hard being underway so much and when I have duty and watch and my regular Damage Control job it's hard to find time to write anything. I also couldn't remember Joy's password to log on so I had to ask her (again).

Well I've been to a few different countries lately. I went to East Timor which is a small, very poor country just north of Australia. I went to Bali, Singapore, S. Korea, and different places in Japan. All these ports seem cool but I would've rather been home with Joy and Shugo. I can't out right say where we are at this moment but the place we're at is apperantly the biggest exporter of fugu in the world. Fugu is the poisonous blowfish that people eat and could possibly die from if it's not cut right. Well the other night I ate some, I mean I'm in the fugu capital of the world, I had to. It's very expensive so me and two other guys had just a plate of it and that was about $48.00. A whole platter is $100.00 and up.

Joy mentioned earlier that we're moving to florida "soon" and that's because I submitted a request to go to Explosive Ordnance Disposal school and it got approved by my commanding officer. The 'soon" part is because we're still waiting to get orders but I'm not sure how soon that will be. I may get them in a week or I may have to wait a month. You never know with the Navy. But at least the hard part of that is over. I put together my package and did all the physical and medical checks and somehow got my command to approve it. My command has actually been very supportive of me leaving for EOD.