Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Long time no post...

This is me surfing... I am GOOOOOD :)

OK, so it has been a really long time since I have posted a blog.... reasons why?? There are just too many. For a bit, I didn't have anything to post about, then I had stuff to post, but no time, then I had stuff to post, but didn't want to take the time... the reasons go on. I have been a little lonely lately and spending time on the computer only makes things worse, so that is another reason. Brian has been out to sea, back for a bit and out again. He was around for a good 3-4 months straight and it has taken some getting used to him being gone again. But finally! I feel back to normal without him... doesn't that sound nice :)

So what have I been up to?? I quit my job at the Teen Center. My last week there I got to go on the surf camp trip to Chiba. I learned to surf :) Yay. I did stand up a few times and for more than just two seconds. There just weren't any good photographers ready to capture it...


I went to Okinawa for a class for my degree. I didn't get a rental car cause I didn't want to spend the money. Well, the base was enormous! And it was REALLY hot. So there was not much site seeing while I was there. I will say though that the water is crystal clear and there are nice fishys... wish I had some goggles :) I will be going again at the end of the month for another class though and hopefully Brian will be able to come for a few days and we can explore together :)

I have lots of funny little stories of life that has been happening, but we are just so far behind I cannot update everything. I learned some Japanese though while on the surf trip. Takashite! means help me! Good to know. The reason why I liked learning this though was because I remember this lady yelling it once when I was walking Shugo. He got a little close to her wanting to say hello and she yelled help me about 5 times... it was pretty funny even when I didn't know what it meant :)

So that is my life lately. Sorry for keeping everyone out of the loop. Life is different here in another country. ESPECIALLY without my horse. I am ready to go back to the states and be able to ride anytime I want again. Too bad we are stuck here for a while though :(