Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!


Happy Fourth of July everyone! I had to work until 6pm, but after work, I went home and picked up Shugo. I was hoping that he would be ok with the fireworks cause I know dogs freak out with that stuff. So we walked around for a while, and then sat down. Once the fireworks started he was definitely scared. He got up and was trying to back away, pulling on me a lot. I pulled him close to me away from everyone else a bit so he wouldn't jump on them in fear. He sat with me and was shaking a bit, staring very wide eyed at the fireworks. After about five minutes though he settled down and was fine. He laid down and stopped shaking. In the beginning there were kind of a lot, but then they weren't doing too many at once. Every now and then they did a lot and he would start to shake again, but he did really good. I am really glad I brought him cause it was fun, and good training for him.

So now I am home and I just talked with Jonathan on Skype. Cami is so cute... she gave the funniest look while looking at the computer. So stinkin' cute. I actually think that face reminds me of David... we have that old Christmas video of him standing directly in front of the camera unwrapping a girlish gift that Jon gave him... he was not so happy and I swaer he had the same confused chubby look on his face. Awesome :)

I hope you all have a great 4th! Get out and see some fireworks! Just to clarify... obviously Japan does not celebrate the holiday and I was watching the fireworks on base :) just in case anyone was confused :)

2 comments:

Nichole said...

WOW that was a long paragraph to say your dog was scared of fireworks... you need a kid ;)

Happy fourth, love you :)

Mk said...

did you know this was my first year for the past 2 years that I've celebrated the 4th of July?? Weird huh? Even my friend in Paraguay celebrated July 4th at the US Consulate.