Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Off to Okinawa!

Brian has finally made it back home this week :) I am happy to have him home even though it will only be for two weeks...

I am taking a class in Okinawa and Brian has taken leave so he can join me. We leave on Sunday, and my class starts on Monday. It is only in the evenings from 5-10pm and all day Saturday so that leaves the entire day for exploring! We will be taking lots of pictures and spending lots of time at the beach. I am going to stock up on sun block, and make sure I take a bath in it before we leave the house. It is freaking hot there and I will likely come back with twice as many freckles even after using sunblock :)

Other news... I got a new job today! I applied for this job in June... a long time ago. Anyway, finally today they called to say I was chosen for the position. Of course we are leaving town in a few days so I start as soon as we get back on the 31st! Which is actually really great cause Brian will be going back out to sea and this will keep me busy. It is a graphic design position on base with MWR marketing and I will be working from 8-4:30 M-F. AWESOME hours because when Brian is not out floating around in the ocean our work schedules will be very similar and we can have all weekend to go anywhere we please without having to ask for a day off. Yay!

3 comments:

Aim said...

congrats on the job! that is wonderful!

I also enjoyed reading your post on family. I totally agree. i hope you guys get to spend a lot of quality time while he is on leave. whats the schedule like? is he home at all or mostly out to sea?

Jonathan D. Hicks said...

Hey sis! Congrats on the new job! That sounds like a blast, and getting you closer to working within your skill set that you learned while at Brooks. Love ya!

J

Mk said...

that's amazing!!!! And God has provided the perfect job