Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Adventures!

So much going on! I should be posting pictures of some sort, but I am posting from work... *Shhhh... don't tell!* Soooo, the latest is that I have been wonderfully busy with my job and photography work. If you don't follow my photography blog (shame on you) but I have been having a lot of shoots every weekend for that last month. It is definitely portrait season and I am SO happy for the first time in my life to feel like I am actually doing photography as a business :D I have never had so many photography gigs and it is really awesome. I know that it will taper off in January, but I am wondering what the spring will hold. If I continue to get as much work as I am (and more) I will probably have to quit my day job. I definitely would not have time to do everything if Brian were home now, so yay for perfect timing on the deployment!

On the horizon we have CHINA! Woohoo! Brian is going to be in Hong Kong for a bit and I am going to visit! I am SO excited! My beloved friend Kristan is flying out here to come along. We will be flying to Hong Kong to be with Brian for a few days and then we will be heading to Beijing for a few days. Lots to see and do. In Hong Kong there will be hiking, shopping, beaches, city, night photography and so much more! In Beijing we will have The Great Wall, The Forbidden City, Tienanmen Square, Hutongs, rickshaws, and again glorious photography! Kristan and I depart for this wondrous adventure on Thanksgiving! Great way to celebrate, AND I will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving with Brian in a foreign country :)... not like we aren't already in a foreign country, but it will be a new foreign country! We plan to go have a bird cooked Christmas Story style with the head still intact :) Should be fun!

Also, on the horizon are many more adventures, but we will have to wait and post pics of those things as they come :) I am excited for this weekend and hope to be able to gather everything I need for the trip and get any and all shoots from Saturday up online before we head out Thursday!

For those of you who like to read... a good story for you:

I got to work on Tuesday morning and my boss asks me, "Joy, are you taking a psychology class?" I instantly get slightly worried cause I had just signed up for this class while at work on Monday and printed my syllabus here (which I am not supposed to do really, they say I can print a few personal things though so I should be fine)... So I say, "Yeeeeaaaaah, why?" Tom- "Well, your stuff printed out to the Fiery printer on Tyvak..." Ah! The fiery printer is the one we use for BANNERS! and Tyvak is nice paper that is for the outdoors! I go over and say, "Hmmm, well, that's embarrassing..." as I quickly snatched up my seven feet of syllabus to roll up and throw in the trash... I realized I sent it to the Fiery on accident, but I thought that I had canceled the job. It was the end of the day, so clearly I was not there to do anything about it. Oops.

1 comment:

Kristan. said...

Awwww...I'm beloved?! Yesssssss.