Wednesday, November 11, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!!


Today Brian turns 33... HOLY CRAP!... I mean, Wow, Brian is SO young :) Well, for your birthday Brian, Shugo and I are celebrating even though you are not here. The pictures uploaded out of order, but as you can see he is getting his special extra large bone and it's not even the weekend :) Needless to say, he is happy. The picture above is Brian on the ship. This is his normal everyday attire :) No, not really. He was trying to be a frog, but had a bad face painter and no green clothes.... oh well, at least he looks super buff right?!! His face looks weird, but if you scroll down and chop off his head I think he looks pretty hot :)

Anyway, an ode to Brian... Brian you are not a frog, but that is good cause frogs are ugly and slimy. I think they live with mushrooms sometimes and that would definitely not be good for you. You are very simple and laid back. Always the LAST person to complain... unless of course there is nothing to complain about (you are just backwards like that). You can be friends with anyone and are always the "nice guy" and you are also just a nice guy :) You are the most humble and patient person I know (aside from the Japanese cause they are pretty humble...). You suck at telling stories, but it is great when you have a crowd listening cause it just makes me laugh. You are very giving and always willing to help out anyone. Never speak bad of people (even when it is due). Always seek to follow the Lord with everything. Your dedicated, hard working, always have a good attitude, content anywhere, adaptable, and SUUUUUPER!

Seriously, We've been through a lot of changes and done a lot together and we have MANY more years together, but so far Brian is pretty cool :) In case any of you haven't figured that out yet. I could go on and on about the great things that are Brian, but there is just too much. So, let me just give one favorite memory here... ok, this is hard to think of... there are too many... I am realizing that most of the funny memories are at my expense...

One time (when we lived in Santa Barbara) Brian was working late at Zodo's. His normal schedule was, start at 8-9pm and finish at 2-3am. So, let me lay out the scene for you. I was home, it was about 11pm and I was working on some images for class. I had just got off the phone with Lindsey and it was silent. Dead silent. Talented me, I can't do too many things at once and having music, telephone, and editing happening is just too much. So again, it's silent. The desk was in the closet ( I know, weird) so I am facing the wall and the front door (which is glass) is to the right. All of a sudden it swings open. My heart instantly stopped beating. I quickly thought, "Eh! How did that open?! Was it not closed all the way? Did it blow open? It can't blow open... is there an animal out there? Someone is there? What do I have to defend myself... nothing. Great. Where's the bat? The gun? A tripod!? Anything!?! Ok, if I go really quick I can close it and no harm will be done..." So I get up, I have to step outside to get the door to close it and as I stepped outside I saw someone crouching in the shadows on the steps. I wanted to yell, scream, attack, ask politely who it was, but as all this went through my head in an instant all I got out was, "Bleahhhhaaaah!" right as Brian jumped out of the darkness to scare me. The nerve. He got off work extra early and thought it would be fun to park the truck down the street (before I hear or see it) and come scare me. I was so freaked out (cause this all happened in about 3 minutes of time). It was enough time to get me so worked up that I was shaking and of course I punched him, but at that point there was no force in me to even come close to knocking the wind out of him. Terrible.

So there you have it folks, the lovely Brian Barker...





1 comment:

Mk said...

joy, you look more excited then the dog is. . . mmm. . hahahhahaha... I like Brian's attempt at being amphibian/ lack of smiling :)