Thursday, December 11, 2008

Food


So since we have been here I have eaten a plethora of crap! Pleas do not misunderstand... there is great food here in Japan. But we can't afford to eat out everyday. So for the last 5 almost 6 weeks I have mostly been living on frozen dinners and quesadillas. It's a good thing I love quesadillas. Our stuff has finally arrived here. It all was delivered yesterday. Yay! However, I have not felt like cooking 1) because I have no one to eat with (Brian is still gone) and 2) There is just too much crap everywhere right now for me to feel like making even more of a mess just to cook a meal. Seriously, who cooks a meal when they haven't even unpacked yet? 
So as I am eating my crappy frozen dinner, I felt like I might vomit. Surprisingly this is the first time I have felt this way. But I just could not finish it. I look in the fridge and there wasn't much there. No tortillas left. My bread has gone bad, and everything else would just not be good alone. The bread actually was an unfortunate event. I thought the last two times I had it it tasted funny. Almost like a banana, which is really weird I know. So when I pulled some out of the bag and took a whiff to make sure it was still good... it wasn't and I realized that the weird banana like taste from before was probably mold... I think my friend may have also eaten it while it was slightly moldy... sorry Melody! So after sadly taking inventory, I realized my only option at having a happy stomach would be to eat some ice cream and cookies! And it was quite fantastic!

2 comments:

Aim said...

cookies and ice cream? oh joy, you are my kinda girl! haha. HURRAY FOR PICTURES! yesssss! Your house is cute, from what i could see with the frozen soap (which also cracked me up!)

I laughed really hard at your story about heals. I myself looooove shoes, but i enjoy all kinds of shoes, heals and tennies alike and i am totally with you about comfort for long days. I mainly just save my heals for sunday when i know i'll only be wearing them for a couple hours.

i want more pictures of japan on your blog for christmas!

Nichole said...

That is rather sad... if I was there I would bring you a bag of groceries and help you unpack! I know... I am nice :)