Friday, December 19, 2008

A new Car!!!

We now have a car! Yay! I would post some pics, but it is too cold in the other room and I just don't feel like dealing with it right now. So hopefully there will be pictures tomorrow :) So yes, we have finally gotten a car. There are definitely places you can live here in Japan where you would not need a car, but lucky for us I chose one place that we do. It takes us 30 minutes to walk to the train station from our house. it's about a 15 minute train ride to go to base, and then once we get off the train it takes about 20 minutes to get wherever it is we need to go on base. So by the time we leave and get where ever it is we are going it has been well over an hour. Cause sometimes we have to wait for a train. 

Needless to say we are very happy to have a car. Taking the back roads it takes 25 minutes to get to base. I could take the yoko yoko and get there faster (the toll road/freeway), but I am a little nervous that I might get lost. Not to mention the fact that due to the itty bitty roads by my house we almost landed in a Japanese person's car this morning. Brian cannot drive cause he has been gone so much he hasn't had a chance to get his license. So am driving him to work early this morning and clearly our roads are just too stinkin' narrow. As I rounded the corner and saw this car, my instinct said to swerve right... bad idea. I didn't really swerve right, but since I was thinking swerve right, so I didn't swerve at all, and then we just both hit our brakes and stared straight at each other (me and the other car). The roads are just small so you have no other option than to be in the middle. Don't worry mom, we are fine, I am a very good driver :) Even in these foreign lands... I think I should buy a wig to wear while driving cause I am sure this guy went straight to work and told everyone that he almost got hit head first by some crazy redhead. And then of course someday they are going to see me walking down the road and say, "Look! There she is!" Julie, David, Vanessa, Marisa any other redheads who are reading this... we need you here in Japan. This whole redheads will take over the world plan isn't going to work over here... Me and Curty cannot do it alone!

No comments: