Friday, June 19, 2009

Canyoning!


OK, first of all this is not a picture of me... or my friend... I have no idea who this person is :) It's just a picture off the website SO! We went Canyoning last Sunday and had a BLAST! It was super super fun :) We went with a trip through the base. We basically put on these super thick wetsuits hiked up a mountain a bit (which is really hard to do when in a wetsuit), and then we go through little canyons and slid down waterfalls, jump off rocks, and float along with the water. It was a lot of fun, and sadly we did not get any pictures. They talked me out of bringing our little point and shoot cause it could've got squished by rocks...

So the highest part we went down was about a 40 ft waterfall. They lowered us halfway on a rope and then let us slide down the rest of it. Super fun! There were a couple spots where they let us jump off a bunch of times. I did my first front flip ever :) I actually did it 3 times, but Brian only saw once...

I have to say the first and last time I ever attempted it was at Ron and Cindy's house on their little diving board. Of course I was there with my brothers, Randy, and David (can't remember if you were there Jon). So they were egging me on to try a flip, and they told me to just tuck my legs. So what did I do? I jumped in the air and tucked my legs too much. I kneed myself in the face and got a bloody nose almost drowning myself in the process. I of course was not happy about it and the boys thought it was hysterical, but what else would brothers think? Do any of you guys remember that?

Anyway, this time... no bloody nose :) Yay for me! And on one waterfall Brian and I slid down together and backwards. Lots of fun aside from the fact that Brian landed on top of me and then I got pushed to the other side which meant I had to go behind the waterfall to get out... which should have been fine cause I did that another time, but this time, the waterfall hit me and pretty much landed on my eyeball and of course pushed me under and then I surfaced on the correct side of it. Fun Fun Fun :) I would go every day if I could, but it is kinda pricey... hopefully we will go one more time this summer.

2 comments:

Gordita said...

This sounds awesome. Much better than the time we went to the waterfall. At least you had water there.

The bloody nose story made me laugh out loud and I'm at work... Thanks Joy!

I love your blog!

Nichole said...

I wanna do that!!! How are you my friend? Does Shugo miss me?