Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mt. Fuji




  Well I finally got some pictures of Mt. Fuji at the beach near our house.  Joy and I are hoping to climb to the top in a couple months.  You can only climb it during a three month period in the summer because it's too cold and windy the other nine months of the year.
  
You may have noticed in the photo of Joy's last post that I have stitches above one of my eyes.  A week ago I was wrestling around doing jiu-jitsu with a friend from my ship.  I got him in a pretty good position on the ground so he tried to roll out of it by trying to throw his foot over my head but instead of going over my head it landed on my forehead.  I didn't think anything happened but he stopped and I told him to keep going.  He just sat there and said I should go look at it because it was bleeding.  I said I don't care, let's keep going, but he insisted that we stop because I might need stitches.  So it was worse than I thought and I went to the Navy hospital where a few very inexperienced young seamen got to "practice" stitching my face, luckily I only needed three.  When I got home I questioned whether or not it would've been better if I didn't go to the hospital and just let my skin heal on it's own.  Joy says the same thing.

3 comments:

The Zauss Family Blog said...

Hey Bud - how are the stitches? Healing well I hope. Mt. Fuji looks like a fun adventure. I hope you can climb it soon. That would be fun. I hope you both are doing well. We sure do miss you both. We love you.
Mom

Aim said...

wow! that is a great shot! beautiful! Joy- I'm still laughing about your whole biking activities. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I hope you can laugh at it now. You poor girl! Must have been freezing! And I was seeing in your pics of tokyo that you can barely see your red hair under that cute hat. Is that so ppl will stop asking to take your picture and have strangers pawing at your hair? haha. Anyway, still love the cut. Very cute and stylish.

And Brian, I think you should be proud of your scars! They make for good conversation! I think you should sport a nice batman band aid over that sucker in the meantime tho. Never pass up an opportunity to wear cartoon band aids!

Gallegos Family said...

Great pictures of Mt Fuji. I can't wait to hear about that adventure! Brian-Bummer about the stitches. Joy-That bike ride story was crazy! You looked so cold! But you both look happy, so I am glad!