Saturday, September 13, 2008

Two Barkers and a Blog?

I think I meant to say two barkers and a dog.... So I have read some blogs before, but this is my first time blogging, so bear with me. The purpose of this blog is to keep friends and family up to date on our Barker lives. So lets see.... for anyone who does not know, Brian is in the Navy, I am doing a million different things trying to figure out what to do with my life, and we have two dogs and a horse. The main question you need to ask yourself is... did we choose two barkers and a blog because we are two barkers and it is our last name? Or because we have two barkers (the dogs)? Well, I would like to introduce my family so here goes... not exactly sure how to upload pics where I want them, but above is Brian. He is sleeping. It is 1pm on Saturday. This is not how all Saturdays go, it just so happened that he had "Watch" last night and got home this morning at 7am. So he's catching up... next are the two dogs... Sandy and Shugo. Don't they look like perfect little angels? Then there's my horse (Almond).... and me with Brian. I really don't know how to get these stupid pictures in the order that I want them so you will just have to deal with that weirdness. Anyway, I am sure most of you reading this now know all this about us and you are most likely waiting for the punch line. So without further delay, we are moving to Japan. Brian got his official orders yesterday. As of right now we are leaving on the 31st of October, but we are talking about the military here and who knows what will really happen. We do not have our actual flight tickets yet so it could change, but most likely we will be leaving on October 31st! We are very excited and can't wait to travel! So that is it! We will keep you updated! Check in often for new pics and stories!

6 comments:

Hicks Family said...

Hey Sis! Welcome to the blog world...I hope you have fun and get an interactive reading group built up. Because that tends to be what makes this more fun.

postmaned said...

Joy and Brian Congrats on getting a picture of what the future is for the two of you. Are the two barkers going with you?
Dan

randy said...

Hey hey, right on hope to see whats going to happen

David Anastasiou said...

You must buy me an actual Japanese poster of Godzilla while you're there. Or at least get his autograph for me.

Kristan. said...

Yay for the blog! I hate that word just so you know. "Blog". What the hell does it mean? The sound of it drives me nuts. I have a blog too! You should check it out. We actually have similar layouts! Does that mean our great minds think alike? Love y'all!

Christy said...

hey Joy, glad to see you figuring out the blog stuff....after you got the training down, I figured I could train....and it's going well...and since you are winging it with the blogging, I suppose I am can wing it too and figure it out myself, otherwise, family will only see us like once a year in a Christmas photo! :) so exciting....and that's if we get one sent. Ha
T
P.S. are you going to dress up for your flight? :) it being Halloween and all. :)