Sunday, September 21, 2008

My First Time!

  Ok, so this is my first time blogging.  Joy gave me a hard time about not writing anything yet, so I had to finally do it (That's what she said)!  She even gave me a hard time about not knowing what the username and password was to log in, even though she knows I never use that username and password.  Is it weird that my wife thinks I'm a complete moron?  Anyways...
  We went to see the Ben Stiller movie "Tropic Thunder" at Naval Air Station North Island on Friday.  It was really funny, not the funniest movie ever but still pretty funny and it's free on base so it's even better.  I didn't like "Stepbrother" very much because it had so much cussing and they used the "F" bomb almost every five seconds.  I can stand it if it's used only a couple times but they said it probably a couple hundred times throughout the whole movie.  They say it in "Tropic Thunder" only a few times and they didn't just say it to try to make their jokes funnier.
  Nihongo ga skoshi wakarimas.  That means, "I understand Japanese a little" in Japanese.  Joy and I are listening to our Japanese lessons that her brother Norman helped us get (thanks Norm).  Hopefully we'll be able to speak at least a few phrases before we leave next month.  I took two semesters of Japanese when I was in junior college about 12 years ago but I forgot almost all of it because I've never had a chance to use it so I'm really glad we're moving to Japan now.  In the 6th grade my teacher taught our class a little bit of German so maybe Joy and I will go to Germany next.  Sorry there aren't any pictures, maybe next time I'm still learning.

2 comments:

randy said...

Tropic thunder was only funny when the guy stepped on the land mine cause it was totally random

Hicks Family said...

Good first blog, Brian. Congrats on getting to go to Japan. That sounds like a great opportunity. I wish Jonathan and I could go visit you sometime, but I doubt we'll have the money for that. I have never heard of Tropic Thunder. Is it worth seeing? Stepbrother sounded stupid to me, lol. Will Ferrel loves to cuss! It doesn't surprise me that they said the f-word so often. Hope you guys are doing well! -Adrienne