Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The True Story...

Ok Ok, so I didn't quite tell the real story of how I crashed on my bike... I was hoping to get some good reactions and comments, but apparently no one cares... I really wanted a good reaction from my mom, but apparently she does not read my blog?? Thanks mom. 

So the real story is that there was a red light and to go around the cars stopped at it, I was going to hop up on the curb. The curb was only about two inches high, but I guess I went at it a little too side on cause my tire did not like the curb and I went splat onto the ground. Although while I was falling my bike hit this little pole and so the bike went towards the road while I landed on the sidewalk. No near death experience... sorry to disappoint :) But things are healing just fine, and I do love the nice scabs.

On to other news. Brian and I will be leaving town Sunday night on our way to visit our cousin Curtie and his family who live on Shikoku island (south of us) in Japan. It is quite difficult for Brian to get time off of work, so we are very glad to be able to go :) It will be really cool to visit a new area of Japan and see some countryside here. And, I have only met one of Curt's four kids and I don't think I have seen him in about 4-5 years so it will be a great redhead reunion! Any other redheads out there are welcome to come! So you can look forward to seeing some cool new pictures and hear of new adventures soon!

3 comments:

Kristan. said...

Ugh. I'm so disappointed. I liked the near-death story better. Jk. Either way, OUCH!

adrienne hicks said...

Sorry Joy! I couldn't read it, I couldn't stomach the pictures you posted...

Mk said...

when will you be home? :) Oh, can you leave a key for us tomorrow when we come home? thanks!