Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Heaven... in Japan



So I went and saw horses on Tuesday! It was so stinkin' awesome. I wish I could've rode, but they were busy and they require everyone to take a few lessons first so they can evaluate whether or not you are capable of riding on your own. One of the programmers at my work, Tetsuya, went with me and it was great because he was able to translate for me and I could ask all the questions I wanted. It is VERY expensive. Over $100 per 45 minute lesson. Not to mention the fact that they do not speak English so it wouldn't work out so well. BUT Tetusya is VERY nice and offerred to go back with me so I could take a lesson :) YAY! Not like I want to do it all the time, but it will be quite fun to get a lesson from a Japanese person through a translator.

They all ride English, and luckily I was able to learn English a bit while living in SB so I won't look too bad. I saw one guy riding and he did not look very skilled, but he could have just been some random rider. Hopefully he was not a trainer. Either way though I am SO excited! I know you all think I am crazy, but imagine doing something about 5 days a week for the last six years and then just not doing it at all for 4 months! I went 3 months without even seeing a horse! That is freaking crazy! I LOVED going. The smells, sounds, petting the horses... it was so good. I really look forward to my return:) The video is of one horse who was particularly cuddly and sweet. The stalls are quite small tohugh as you can see...

2 comments:

Jonathan D. Hicks said...

I am sorry joy, but coming from your brother who isn't necessarily terrified of horses, but who definitely prefers a little distance...I don't know...maybe I just have to imagine a super cool lighting instrument!!!

Joy and Brian Barker said...

Yeah Jon, you may just never understand... I could compare it with you not being with your wife, but I am sure you would think I am being ridiculous (which only leads me back to my first conclusion that you will just never understand. Don't be scared Jon, they are big animals, but they can be controlled.