Monday, December 7, 2009

The Great Wall

OK, let me start by saying, I am an idiot. I posted pics and stuff from Hong Kong, but I posted it on my photography blog thinking it was this blog. Woops. Not like it matters, but I never planned to post so many snapshots onto my photo blog, and definitely never planned to put a pic of Brian sleeping in bed on there... :) Anyway, it is already done. Here are some pics from The Great Wall! Above is some corn. The small town outside the part of the wall we visited had lots of corn and we had some cornbread with our lunch. Very tasty. Below is a very steep part of the wall. It looks like it just drops off, but it keep going. I timed myself and ran up it in 35 seconds. I then thought I might die and fall off the wall, but I survived.
The cool thing about our trip to the wall is on our way to the wall (we hired a guide and driver for the day) we got stopped at a toll road that they closed off due to fog. We sat in traffic for a while before we were able to make it out. Our guide suggested we go to another spot. She said it would be more hiking, but it is even less touristy than the area we were planning on going to, and less renovated. It was totally awesome cause we had the whole thing to ourselves. It looked pretty small town out there and almost 3rd world country-ish, but it was great and we had AWESOME lunch and the video of how it was made is below :) It was the best fish I have ever had. Absolutely delicious. Thank you Jesus for the fog cause we loved the area we visited :)
Kristan loved the wind :)
Awesome

Yahooooo!
Self portrait time
Another steep part :)

Yes, I did a handstand for crossfit :)



Below is the look we got from everyone. People are not ashamed to stare in China and that was a bit weird for me coming from Japan...


No comments: